Friday, September 3, 2010

Spigot








Spigot, Oink's buddy revolts, and murders one of the guards on this page. I brought the color palette into a more narrow range, fixed some anatomical issues, and finally got to paint that panel in the lower right! When I was doing this the first time I really just ran out of time on some pages and my ink sketch is what was published. This page is a good example of the first 30 pages, it was just sort of erratic stylistically. I think the hard part when I was making the series was this, I went from never really doing a comic to drawing and painting 96 pages over an 18 month period. So naturally, at 23, I had some growth through the series artistically. If you look at the last page of the series and the first it's like 2 different artists...one of my goals is unify the art style.




No comments:

Post a Comment